5k Debut

Today was the Panda Run. It's a race Brooklyn and Damon have been looking forward to for the past month. I turned in the registration forms a couple of weeks ago, having signed up Brooklyn and Damon for the mile and Brent for the 5k. In the days following, Brooklyn and Damon decided they both wanted to run 5k instead of the mile. So they began their training and we changed their registrations.

 I've been impressed at how much these two have decided they enjoy running. And they're both good at it with a lot of potential. Both kids have taken mine or Brent's Garmin (GPS) out running to time themselves and track their distances. Damon even ran three miles two different mornings before school this past week.

 Brent and I decided to run with the kids and push and encourage them, which was my intent all along, as I didn't bother to register myself. Brent ran with Brooklyn and I ran with Damon. Damon and I were ahead of Brooklyn and Brent right up until the last half block. Then Brooky bolted to the finish line and there was no catching her. At that point Damon thought he was gonna die. His tummy hurt and he was so tired, those little legs ran the entire distance. There were only three kids in Brooky's division and two in Damon's. I'm proud to say my kids placed first in their respective divisions with very respectable times. Brooky's time was 31:28 and Damon's was 31:50. We are so proud of them and they are pretty impressed with themselves and looking forward to more races.

Comments

Stacey Irwin said…
Amazing!!! what awesome parents you are to encourage this and do it with them. they should be proud of themselves!!!
I'll be glad to say I know your family when these kids go famous for running! Good job to both of them. Thats awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House