Ellie's New House
I decided it was time for Ellie to move out. She's old enough for a place of her own. And, I figured she'd be happier outside, at least for the summer, anyway. Instead of doing things the easy way (and the cheap way), I opted to build a dog house. I thought and thought, looked around online and decided what I wanted the finished product to look like. Then I drew up my plans. Then I went to Lowe's. Then I started building. Then I went to Lowe's again. Then I built some more. Then I went Lowe's again...you get the idea.
This puppy palace looks quite a bit bigger on the outside than it actually is on the inside. This is because I framed and insulated it. Ellie will keep cool in the summer and be toasty warm in the winter. Also, I designed the roof to be detachable. I had to do this or there was no way the house would fit though the fence gate to get it into the backyard.
This was a fun project and it turned out to be one of my least stressful projects. There was much less cussing and swearing during this task than what usually comes out of my mouth. Brooky helped quite a bit and Damon even did a little also. I am lucky to have such a patient and tolerant husband, especially because I used his side of the garage this time and he had to park his car in the driveway for a week. And I'm really lucky that that husband of mine is super dang strong because 2x4's, plywood, insulation and shingles weigh a lot!
This puppy palace looks quite a bit bigger on the outside than it actually is on the inside. This is because I framed and insulated it. Ellie will keep cool in the summer and be toasty warm in the winter. Also, I designed the roof to be detachable. I had to do this or there was no way the house would fit though the fence gate to get it into the backyard.
This was a fun project and it turned out to be one of my least stressful projects. There was much less cussing and swearing during this task than what usually comes out of my mouth. Brooky helped quite a bit and Damon even did a little also. I am lucky to have such a patient and tolerant husband, especially because I used his side of the garage this time and he had to park his car in the driveway for a week. And I'm really lucky that that husband of mine is super dang strong because 2x4's, plywood, insulation and shingles weigh a lot!
Comments