Wasatch Back - 2012

Here I am playing catch-up again, but better late than never.   Last weekend was Ragnar's Wasatch Back.  Last year Brent decided he'd like to run this baby so we put a team together.  We ended up having all boys in the first vehicle and all girls in the second.  This race has been my most favorite event for years and I always have a good time but I have to say, this year was the most fun I've ever had.  It was a blast!  My sister-in-law Michelle is an absolute riot when she's completely exhausted and totally jacked-up on adrenaline.

This year's team consisted of Brent and me, Brent's brother, Brian, my sister-in-law Michelle, my good friend Michele that I know from our time in Halifax, Marcie, Diane, Doug and Roger who are all friends and neighbors, and Andy and another Roger who are both friends of Brian's.

Brent came up with our team name:  Chafin' For THE Sticker.  If this isn't self-explanatory, "THE Sticker" refers to the window decal seen in the windows of many cars throughout the state that one receives when participating in this race.   The "Chafin'" part refers to the chafing that some get whilst running longer distances.

As per usual, I failed miserably in the picture-taking department.  The boys did a bit better than I, but there still isn't much to show.

The boys at the start line waiting for our team to be called.
Brent running down Avon Pass.
Brent almost done with his first leg.

Having a little fun at Snow Basin.

Michele and me.  It was so much fun to catch up with her!  (I don't look so good after 24+ hours with little sleep, crappy nutrition and no make-up.)

Our team at the finish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House