Election

I am disappointed in the outcome of yesterday's presidential election, to say the least.  I wonder, what the hell is wrong with the people of this country.  I posted that question on facebook last night and one of the responses hit the nail right in the head:  "People are lazy and want a free ride. Or ignorant and too swayed by the media."  It really is that simple.  However, I do find relief  in the fact that the majority of voters were not blinded by Obama's "Santa Claus" approach to problems.  The voting system is flawed.

The fun part of the election was how interested and involved the kids got.  They learned a lot about the process of voting and the campaigns at school and chattered about that information at home.  Brooklyn and Damon sat and watched as electoral votes were tallied and when they went to bed, Romney was in the lead.  They were disappointed this morning.  

Damon's class at school discussed the requirements one must meet to be eligible to run for President.  Brooklyn pointed out that she could one day run for president but Damon will never be able to since he was not born on U.S. soil. We then had the discussion about what it means to be an American-born-abroad.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel like all we have heard recently, even in Canada is US election related. I felt like we heard so much about Romney being Mormon; it made me wonder how much support he received from members of the church strictly because he is Mormon and not necessarily because he would be a better President. How much sway do you think it played good or bad that he is Mormon?
Christy Jones said…
At least you don't live in a state that is 90% Democrat and have a bunch of people driving around with Obama 2012 on their cars. Its so annoying, they make conservatives out to be heartless and uneducated! I am very annoyed with my State right now!! Obama was not doing his job and needed to be fired! The social issues won the day here!

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Bogger Messed Up My Give Away