Last [Wo]Man Standing

This past week at our house has been a rough one.  Everybody has been sick.  Except Brittany.  Somehow, so far, she has managed to dodge the germs.

Damon started last Monday afternoon.  He came home from school just not feeling good.  By Tuesday morning he had a raging fever and just felt like crap.  He was finally able to go back to school Friday of last week but his cough still lingers.

Brooky woke up Tuesday morning with some kind of stomach bug.  She threw up a few times during the day but recovered and went back to school on Wednesday.

Wednesday night Brent started to not feel so great.  Thursday and Friday and were miserable days for him with a fever, a cough and a runny nose.

When she went to bed Thursday night, I could tell Maya wasn't feeling very well.  Friday and Saturday were rough days for her.  And here we are to Tuesday and she is still struggling.  Her fever was gone for a couple of days but it was back yesterday afternoon.  She does have a cough, although I've definitely heard worse and her poor little nose is a snot fountain.  (Sorry for that visual.)  The little sweetheart just lays on the couch watching TV.
I thought I was doing pretty well.  I didn't think I'd catch anything, as I rarely get sick.  But alas, one can only be sneezed on, coughed on, breathed on, sweated on and snotted on so many times.  I didn't feel very well Monday morning when I woke up but I made the trek downstairs to the treadmill anyway.  I felt okay for most of the day but by the time I got into bed last night, I knew I had succumbed.  Dang it!  I skipped my workout this morning, the first time I've missed a day in over two years.

As of this morning, Brittany still felt fine.  Hopefully  she makes it through unscathed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House