White Rim - 2013

Brent talked me in to riding the White Rim this year.  Early last Thursday morning (May 30) we headed south to Canyonlands just outside of Moab with mountain bikes, helmets, camel backs and sunscreen.  (And some other stuff.)   We rode 30 miles Thursday afternoon.  Friday was a 37-mile day and Saturday was just 13 miles.  Then we headed home. 

This trip was a neat experience but I don't think I'll be going back for round two.  The biking was okay, even though I really do not love to bike.  There was some tough terrain and I'm a chicken so I walked plenty of the step downhill sections as well as the uphill parts that were stupid steep. 

The parts of the trip I did not handle well were being dirty and sleeping outside.   I do not mind getting dirty one bit, but I don't like to stay dirty.  I want to take a shower at the end of the day.  And I just don't like sleeping outside.  However, the scenery was incredible.  I stood in awe many times through out the trip as I contemplated the magnificence of God's creations.
At the trail head.
Cacti.

Slot Canyon
Climbing out of Slot Canyon











White Crack
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GiveAway!!

Parade

New House